This month as part of the #BostikBloggers craft collaboration the theme is Bonfire Night. I have come up with a simple version of a 3D bonfire, that is really easy to make with children. It also involves a little exploration outdoors to collect some twigs to help build your creation.
You will need
- A4 black card
- Orange, red and yellow pipe cleaners
- Yellow tissue paper
- Bostik White Glu
- Bostik Glu Dots
- Bostik Rainbow Glitter Glu
- Take the twigs you have collected and break them up into the correct lengths to build your bonfire. Using the A4 black card arrange the twigs into a design that you like, so you can get an idea on how it’ll look
- To attach the twigs to the black card, simply put one of the Bostik Glu Dots onto each twig and place into position. The Bostik Glu Dots are clear so you won’t see them once attached and they glue the twigs down really well, plus you don’t need to wait for any glue to dry!
- Once the main bonfire is completed it’s time to add some flames using the pipe cleaners and yellow tissue paper
- Cut the yellow tissue paper into flame style shapes, or you can rip the tissue paper to size rather than using scissors. Glue above the twigs onto the A4 black card to start creating your flames
- Take the pipe cleaners and cut them to the appropriate length. I curled the red pipe cleaners around my finger to add a bit of a different shape. Glue the pipe cleaners into place using the White Bostik Glue
- Once the flames are in place, it’s now time to use the Bostik Rainbow Glitter Glu to add some firework detailing above the bonfire. You can create any shapes that you like with these. Warning – the glitter glue comes out quite quickly!
- Stick some of the star shaped stickers onto the card to add a little extra detailing amongst the firework shapes
That’s it…It really is that simple to make and hope you like it. It’s a bright and colourful craft to do with lots of different elements. Remember to pin it for later!
Have you created any bonfire night crafts yet?
Disclaimer: I was sent a box full of craft goodies as part of this post. All ideas and photos are my own.