This month as part of the #BostikBloggers craft collaboration the theme of course is Christmas. I’ve put together a simple tutorial on how to make these reindeer handprint decorations that can be placed on the Christmas tree or anywhere else in your home to add some Christmas magic.
You will need:
- Gold card (although any coloured card would work)
- Either laces or ribbon in Christmas colours (think green and red)
- Pipe cleaners in your choice of colours
- Googly eyes
- An assortment of sequins for decorating, in particular red sequins to create a red nose
- Bostik Fine & Wide Glu Pen
- A hand
- Draw around a hand (our two year old kindly offered me his!) with the pencil on a scrap piece of paper
- Cut the handprint out and use as a template on the gold card to create the reindeer shape. Draw around the template as many times as required and cut out
- Using the Bostik Fine & Wide Glu Pen glue the googly eye and the red sequin onto the handprint
- Cut the pipe cleaners up and create some antler style shapes
- Make two small holes with the scissors (definitely a job for an adult and be careful!), one hole to attach the pipe cleaner antlers and a second hole to thread the lace/ribbon through to create a loop so the decoration can be hung up
- Decorate your reindeer with any extra sequins to add a bit more colour and sparkle
That’s all there is to it…really quick and simple to make. Perfect to make with little ones and to create a memento of their handprints. Don’t forget to pin for later.
Have you created any Christmas crafts yet?
Disclaimer: I was sent a box full of craft goodies as part of this post. All ideas and photos are my own.